Mobile apps continue their dominance over every aspect of our lives, be it entertainment, shopping, medical consultations, business transactions, or payments. As per Statista, there are over 3.5 million apps available for download in 2022’s third quarter, which proves the increasing demand for mobile applications. With so many apps available for selection, users ensure that the apps they select offer exceptional user experience, have the best features, are easy to install, and do not take up too much space. Anything that does not meet their criteria is promptly rejected.
Consequently, every app-making company is ensuring that their apps do not fall short of user expectations. They perform comprehensive mobile testing using the best available testing tools. Katalon is one such popular tool that developers prefer for their mobile testing needs due to its simpler user interface and features like record and playback engines.
In addition to being easy to use, enabling even newcomers with no experience to use the platform. Katalon supports various OS, like Mac, Windows, or Linux, and various browsers and hardware as well.
Pros of Katalon:
- Makes it easy to set up the environment with its pre-built templates, keyword libraries, and object repositories
- Integrates with DevOps workflow and is ready to integrate with CI/CD pipelines
- Provides test analysis features that allow the entire team to have a clear idea about the project’s overall readiness
- Supports collaboration features like shared test artifacts, version control, and integration with other application lifecycle management tools
- Has the flexibility to meet the rising demands of speed, environments, and test coverage
Despite having such advantages, Katalon has certain drawbacks like:
- It does not support distributed testing
- Script creation is limited only to Groovy, which is part of the Java family, making the platform less accessible
- It is not an open-source tool
- You cannot automate desktop applications
- It is not too efficient when it comes to debugging
Owing to these limitations, developers look for Katalon alternative.
Let us look at the top alternatives for Katalon and see what they have to offer in terms of features and benefits.
In terms of features, TestGrid stands miles above Katalon. TestGrid’s comprehensive set of features is redefining the test experiences of organizations globally. The intuitive interface and easy-to-use features provided by this codeless platform make testing a hassle-free experience for even novel testers without experience.
What TestGrid offers:
- Allows testing on an expansive range of real devices, operating systems, and browsers, ensuring a thorough user experience
- Lets testers test mobile apps across varying real-world conditions like network strength, lighting conditions, and battery life
- Provides anytime access to hundreds of real devices that are hosted on-premise, on the cloud, or in a hybrid manner
- Find bugs and errors before they crash your application to give customers the best user experience
- Get performance metrics, conduct cross-browser testing, or API testing all using the same platform with no additional set-ups
- Write test cases easily in plain English, CSV, and BDD, and paste them to the AI portal to generate test cases
- Scale your testing as you like based on your project requirements
- Save time by conducting tests in parallel across multiple browsers and OS
- Perform Geo-location testing, use GPS, and run tests from varying IP locations
What Perfecto offers:
- Supports API testing, interactive testing, and continuous testing
- Offers automatic device cleanup, secure local tunneling, and visual creation
- Rich analytics that helps testers give faster feedback to stakeholders and fix issues
- Allows cross-browser testing and geo-location testing
- Uses root cause analysis for immediate bug-resolving
It is a robust automation tool that allows businesses to create, execute, and deploy tests for multiple software applications, environments, and devices. Testers can conduct functional testing on mobile applications, record and replay workflows, and organize test automation steps using its drag-and-drop interface.
What Ranorex Studio offers:
- Through Ranorex Recorder, testers can conduct scriptless tests using its keyword-driven testing
- Its built-in image comparison feature lets you compare UI elements to identify issues
- Offers automatic generation of reports, along with visual screenshots for validation
- Lets you add identified UI elements to a centralized repository
- Its flexible test suite lets you define and manage an unlimited variety of test scenarios
It is a popular open-source tool used for automating web, API, and mobile applications. Testers using the platform can easily automate web, Android, and iOS applications effortlessly.
What TestProject offers:
- It has a unique recorder with features for smart element location
- Enjoys a robust community of testers across the world
- TestProject SDK provides a common syntax, allowing users to write automation tests for mobile and web applications
- Its cloud platform has an AddOn feature that enables testers to add useful features to test cases
- Its Test Recorder allows even newbies without programming experience to conduct tests
It is a popular testing platform for testing mobile applications with many unique features and is known for its reliable, secure, and scalable cloud infrastructure. It allows integration with popular tools like Cypress, Appium, Puppeteer, and Selenium.
What LambdaTest offers:
- The auto-healing feature minimizes the incidence of flaky tests
- Enterprise-grade security measures make it a secure platform
- Allows access to several browsers and devices for comprehensive testing
- Offers features like camera image captures and automating of mobile gestures
- Integrate with popular CI/CD tools and project management apps
Now that you are familiar with the features and benefits of these top five Katalon alternatives, it is time to select a robust platform that fits your budget while providing an efficient and reliable testing experience.
The automatic choice for most companies is TestGrid, the codeless automation testing platform renowned for its cost-effectiveness, dependability, accuracy, and reliability.
In comparison to Katalon, TestGrid comes out as a far superior mobile testing platform owing to its incredible capabilities.
Comparison of TestGrid with Katalon:
Here are the key reasons why TestGrid scores higher than Katalon:
- Offers test data parameterization
- Allows network traffic monitoring
- Provides API load testing
- Offers real-time visual reporting
- Robotic arms to test hardware workflows
- Customer support in the form of chat/24×7 calls/emails
- 40% lower yearly maintenance cost
Undoubtedly, TestGrid is a faster, scalable, and more feasible solution compared to Katalon. With TestGrid, you are confident of releasing 100% error-free software, reducing testing costs, and increasing ROI in the long run.